An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do men want to take our children?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hayley3

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Why do men want to take our children? Reply with quote

Hi,
I am currently giving my ex sex so that I can keep my child happy and healthy and he is remarried. Is that not disgusting! But it is true.

He was an alcoholic and verbally abusive and although rarely, he was physically abusive and threatening. I got to the point where I couldn't stand him because he was always so drunk he would fall down. He had nothing to do with our daughter except to briefly address her when he came home from work. I was on disability and was a stay at home mom.
When he left me for another woman, I was really glad until he decided that he wanted to play family with his new wife. He moved 60 or 70 miles away and I did not want her to go with him. One because he drives when he drinks (he starts drinking at 7 am) and the other was because he never paid attention to her and she was my whole life and also he goes into rages.

Anyway, my lawyer agreed with me, but in the end I lost and he was allowed unsupervised visitation. Within 2 weeks of me losing in court, he was arrested for a DUI with my daughter in the car on his visitation day. The Indiana state police, favoring him as a Dad, did not write down that he had a minor in the car. Not only that, he was sentenced to community service and he bribed them and he did not even have to do that. That's how it works here in my state. Everybody's a good ol' boy.

I've just been thinking about why men are so suddenly wanting to be with their children. I just don't think that the majority of men have the same bond that women have with their children. Most good fathers would also never think of divorcing their mother.
The laws suck for mothers. I just do not understand why men are so intent on getting their children, when they only give them to their current wives to take care of. It's not the children they really want. What is it? I know in my case, my ex just wanted to get back at me. He told me. He knew that it would kill me. In the Alec Baldwin case, he just wants to win. I thin with my ex that was part of it as well.

Gosh, I didn't aim to go on and on. I wish we could get together and change the laws. I am so worried for my daughter. I never want her to go thru the pain that I went thru losing the rights of your children. That is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. And I didn't even lose actual custody, so I cannot imagine how it would be for a woman to actually lose custody of their little ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: