An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Beat Dads Get Visitation Rights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 2
State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Dead Beat Dads Get Visitation Rights? Reply with quote

I have two Children Ones 3 1/2 the other is 13 months in over a year their father has paid $300.00 in child support and thats it refuses to pay anymore and refuses to go to court now he's talking about leaving Texas but i still have to allow him to visit them every 1st 3rd & 5th weekend , What if he leaves texas with my children why do i have to allow him to visit them if he isn't going to support them ? I am so fed up with the texas attorney general it took them over a year to even get a child support order and now they can't enforce it ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Deadbeats Reply with quote

I agree the courts should take into account the non payment of child suport to a child. it is surpose to all be in the best interest of the child with the courts. if this is true. I guess the courts feel that not recieving the suport ordered by them is not very important.
When a parent is behind on child suport their visits should have to be cut into less amount of time the non paying parent sees the child, and they should also be suppervised visits. In the state of New Hampshire if a parent is behind so many days they will take the suport right out of their checks. only if you go threw the courts for the child suport. They will also take any tax refund that the non paying parent has coming to them.
If you go on welfair or any kind of assistance, the state will be all over the non paying parent to recieve that suport money. The courts should be the same way in making them pay for their child.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 14
State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I found this website!!!! So many people are judgemental and don't understand. We MUST stick together and do what is best for our kids. I can rest easier knowing that not everyone agrees with these bad laws and policies!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 1
State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: child support Reply with quote

i am in the same siuatution. I live in GA and my ex is over 18000.00 behind. He has skipped court etc etc. He only gets the kids at his convience. I know here in the state of Ga you can go to the magistrate court in the county you live in and if the father has not paid you anything in the past 30 days you can take out a child abandonment warrant. A child abaondonment warrant is not only for physically seeing the child but also for helping financially to support them. You might want to try this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 1
State or Province: Illinois

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: visitation Reply with quote

Ok my situation is now that I have got married now my kids father want visitation he keep taking me to court but he never signed their birth certificates do he have any rights and I also have a restraining order
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 1
State or Province: New Jersey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Mother's rights Reply with quote

I'm glad I found this! Felt like I was the only one this could happen to. My nightmare-
I was a single Mom for 14+ yrs. Due to ex-husband abandoning us when my daughter was 3 months old. Child support "couldn't find him, ect". He's $30,000 in arrears. Turns out my child has a 1/2 brother 3 months older than her (you do the math) His mother passed away shortly after he was born. Ex-husband, Tom, owes over $30k for him too. He owes $50k in another state for 2 grown kids, I learned later. It took me 14 yrs + $$ to finally get a divorce from him cause he couldn't be found. I only got it because he got caught & jailed. Fast file while he was there. Then he said he wouldn't sign it til it stated "he relinquished all his rights to our daughter & I drop the arrears". (I have a vm recording of this) He has active felony warrants in other states & offered to sell his sister his first son for a car. I had an incident (mental health hospital) which brought in NJ Dyfs. Said sister became my daughter's guardian. Treated & released said I just needed an apt, which I was getting help from soc serv to get. During these 2 months, I talked to my girl everyday & had reg visits. Suddenly, July 3rd- nothing..phones disconnected. Worker showed for visitation w/out my daughter. Said "she doesn't want to see or talk to you, she's gonna spend the weekend w/her dad in Pa! I said "who"? and of course, panicked! Tried to tell her to check him, gave a list of people to talk to, ect. I asked "what happened"?? Me & my daughter were always very close. She just said "yeah, its odd, but her choice" I've had no contact w/her since July 2, 2012! Dyfs gave him custody, wouldn't work w/me anymore. He already had custody of the 1/2 brother for a month. Told people its great living off your kids! He get soc sec for the boy, and since I'm disabled, he took the family dependency check from me. He now gets over 3x what he's ordered & still doesn't pay it- $4.80 I got. Dyfs worker just said "that's in his past, he's fine for her now" Won't even tell me where she is, no address, nothing..What?? He & the kids are living at his gf (& yes, another new baby he can't afford) Both Pa & Nj lawyers said I couldn't file custody as long as they had a case open. He even was incarcerated on the day of the final hearing. Finally, they had to transfer the case to Pa cause he never even applied for her med insurance (Lol- told child support judge 7 months before he got fired taking a whole day off to get her insurance) But got that check a month before she was there. Still Dyfs didn't give a damn. Luckily, his case w/cyfs in Pa has nothing to do with me, so they'll let me file a custody petition (at $175 of course). Dyfs said they always locate another parent, absentee or not. Cyfs told me they couldn't give me Any info. I intend to also file a federal civil suit against dyfs & the workers with or without a lawyer. Sorry that was so long..and thanks to anyone who took the time to read this. I hope to make changes to this system!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Mothers and Children's Rights Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login