An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I stand a chance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecastro

State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: So I stand a chance Reply with quote

I'm in a custody battle with my former boyfriend. He has had nothing to do with our son since I was 5 months pregnant. His name is not on the birth certifcate. When my son was 8 months I filed for child support. At the first mediation he agreed to no visitation. He got himself a lawyer and all of a sudden he wants to see his son. He saw him four times however the visits were more to fight with me. He was offered a job in Texas and offered to waive all rights to his son. Well Texas didn't work out and he came back. For a year he had no contact with our son which was fine with me. Now he says that he want to know our son and has filed for visitation. He gets 2 hours on Sat and Sun with me present . Mostly he sits there because he has no idea how to interact with our son. By the way this a man who carried on an affair with both me and sister for 2 years without me knowing. He is a great lier and manipulator. I was also there when one day he got physical with my sister. I want full physical and legal custody. Do I stand a chance? Any thoughts?
hayley3

State or Province: Indiana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you don't stand a chance. Father's rights are greater than a mother's. If he killed your whole family, they would still give your kid to the man who fathered him. That's just the way it works now. Very sad.
Everyone of us should write to the National Organization of Women for help. I did. If we all band together maybe we can get our rights back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: