An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father's Rights and My rights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aspenitegirl

State or Province: Colorado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Father's Rights and My rights Reply with quote

I am an unwed 21 year old soon to be Mother of a baby boy in July. I have a good job and support system. My child's bio father is 23 years old and insisted that I have an abortion but I would not. He terminated his relationship with me. When I asked him to terminate his parental rights he said that he would not but that he wanted nothing to do with me or the baby unless he had joint custody. I have not heard from him since and he has refused my phone calls. I was 8 weeks pregnant when I last saw him. He lives at home his mother screens his calls. He has also changed his cell phone number. Before he changed his cell number I left him messages about my Doctor's appts and invited him to the ultrasounds. I never heard anything back from him. I have a great support system for me and my child and I am worried that the bio dad will change his mind a few years down the road and insist on exercising parental rights. Does anyone know if there is any legal action I can take right now to assure that I have the sole rights to my baby? I want a positive future for my baby and myself.
kammy07

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: i dont know if this will work but... Reply with quote

Do not tell him that you had the baby. If he brings it up to you then tell him that you could not handle it anymore and you ended up terminating it or tell him that you had a miscarriage. I know it sounds extremly mean to say that, but you have to do what you have to do to make the best for you and your baby. I know how that is because I have been through it before. If you need anything then feel free to contact me.
KJH

State or Province: Ohio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my daughter never married the father of her son and he had onle a brief part in the babies life when she left him when she seen he did not take his role as a parent seriouly, now 10 yrs later he goes to court and has asserted his rights to see his son, and the courts seem to feel he still has this right even though he has neglected his responsibilities for 10 yrs and has had no real relationship with his son, but does support an older son and a younger son. There is a punative fathers list that he can get on and help protect his rights if you choose to adopt the child out , not sure of termination of pregnacy. Find out what to do now to get him to sign his rights off so you don't have to go through what my daughter and grandson are going through. Have a blessed day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: