An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do Mothers have any rights anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roshan

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Do Mothers have any rights anymore Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just become a member and hope that some of you will be able to advise me of the current practices regarding contact orders and parental responsibility orders.

To set the scene, I had a little girl six years ago, the father was not in contact, I let him know by letter of his daughter when she was a few weeks old. We never heard from him until his father the grandfather telephoned Oct 2005 asking to see his grand-daughter.

Unfortunately I now know this was the time to consult legal representatives, but I didn't at the time and they were introduced to each other, as this was the first contact with the biological father. We visited them again December 2005 and that was the last time. This was due to the unfair demands which I did not think were in the best interest of my daughter, at this point I sought legal advice and decided that we would not be making anymore visits.

I have heard nothing for 15 months and now out of the blue get a solicitors letter requesting contact be re-instated pending court action.

A few facts
1) they was no regular contact, BF only seen child a few times, in her life nothing regular about that.

2) this is not committment?

3) BF does not pay maintenance and never has financial supported his child or offered.

4) In the UK the system is usually in favour of the father on this cases, what about the mothers right to safeguard her family unit? what about my right to not having my privacy invaded and life disrupted. He is a stranger to my child, whom is in a happy, loving, secure family unit.

5) The best interest of the child well that can mean quite a few things as we all know, whhich can be manipulated to suit whoever!

I am very much concerned how this will affect my girl, emotionally and physcologically (sp) the thought of having to persuade her to see her BF surely this is not how it should work?

If you have been in a similar situation and offer some advice, please do so.

thanks
TAMEE

State or Province: West Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How honey, I can relate! My oldest daughter who will be 11 in August father saw her probably 3 times when she was 1st born. We 1st had to go to court because I had a restraining order against him for holding me in a room at knife point. At this time he was given supervised visits(his father was the supervisor) every other weekend. I was terrified. So, I acted friendly to him and he being he wanted me more than he wanted his daughter in his life allowed me to stay w/ her. This took place for all maybe 1 month. His dad kicked him out and all well he had no supervisor. He then went to jail for armed robbery, did a few years and when my daughter was 5 he decides he will take me to court for visitation. My daughter had no clue who he was as she was only a few months old when he saw her. Now, his history is he is a convicted felon 1 drug charge, 1 armed robbery charge and 1 accessory to robbery charge. 3 seperate incidents in 3 seperate states. He was a drug addict himself threatned to kill me and when I was pregnant placed 2 graves sprays on my car 1 for me and 1 for the unborn baby. Well, my lawyer advised the judge a psychiatrist should assis tin determoining how she will be effected. So I took her to one and he flat out said she should not or does not need to see him at ALL. Anyways as a temp order the judge gave him e/o weekend this time supervised by his mother, whom I got along with and allowed me to also be present. Well, a month went by and guess what his mom kicks him out. She then came to court w/ me to testify he should not be allowed visits. However, he didn't show he was in jail go figure.

The judge looked at me and said what is his mother gonna tell me! Like she would come and lie it's his own mother. Had he not been in jail he would have gotten whatever he wanted. This was in 2001. I don't understand why men have gotten the upper hand when it comes to parental responsibilities and why they allow these fools to even attempt to come into a childs life after years of not being there and not supporting them. There needs to be strict guidlines as to time elapsing. I don't understand why they are giving you an order saying before court you must let him she your child I would be like hell no. I would say don't initiate a thing w/ him or the family. This world is getting more screwed up by the day.
mom23kidz1

State or Province: Mississippi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the mother has no rights anymore.
stunned

State or Province: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: woman should stop having children. Reply with quote

If you have not been served a summons to go to court you can just toss that paper out the window it means nothing. the only way you have to let this *&%# see the child is if a court says you do. And if you go to court, a court will say you have to let him see his child. believe that. it will not matter how much involvement this man had in the childs life before this time. his past will not even matter, what will matter is this man now wants to be a daddy and he has a right to that. it will not matter that this would turn the childs life up side down.
avoid being summons to court. if you have not been served you dont have to go to court.
my suggestion to you is move away, do not leave a forwarding address. protect your child from this jerk. In most cases like this the father only wants some form of control over you again.
The courts are for the fathers. because there has been a up roar with fathers rights. men demanding their rights to their children.
dont get me wrong I do believe a father has just as much rights to a child as a mother. but only if that father was in the childs life right from the start of that childs life.
woman are standing by while the courts are handing over their children to men who dont give a damn about these kids. they are only there for some sort of control of the mother. or trying to find a way out of paying child suport.
The only way this will ever change is if woman stop having children.
woman have no rights. and the children have less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Custodial Mothering Today All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: