An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to the Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyblue

State or Province: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: New to the Forum Reply with quote

Hello all and thank goodness i found this place. Im a married mom of 4 from previous relationships.Any support and information i can seek through this forum is wonderful.
I am seeking a lawyer as we speak to get a court document stating that i have custody of my children since their first breath. the 2 fathers have not been in their lives,the first one for 9yrs and the second for 7yrs.
Just recently seen the father of my two youngest on the street. he didnt talk to us,didnt come up to us at all. the fear of knowing he is around where i raise my children scares me as 7yrs ago he threatened to kidnap them if he had a chance.
Although i had a lawyer then she insisted that we would not have to further anything. as he had not shown any interest and was all words. so all was put out of mind and didnt hear or see him since. till the other day.

just to find a great informational place of people going through the same ordeals makes things more managable and gives strength to me to keep my children protected.

any thoughts,questions or comments welcome.
thanks.....skyblue
momaj

State or Province: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any of the laws in Canada but... with that much or lack thereof involvement from 'dear ol dad' can you try to have their parental rights terminated? Or, perhaps file for custody ex parte? I believe you can do that here in the states. Are the fathers' names listed on the birth certs? Is there an abandonment clause in custody/visitation laws in Canada? It would be nice if all these mean guys would get struck by lightening. ((((skyblue))))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: