An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

past work and child support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanders8083

State or Province: Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: past work and child support Reply with quote

My husband and I separated in Aug. 2004 after years of problems. We have three children together. There was another man involved at the time and I and the children moved in with him. We have been very happy together since that time. I now have a child by this man. I was working ($1600 month) when I got pregnant with this child but took a leave of absence right before she was born. I was due to return to work on August 1 of last year, but since my boyfriend was working and making $1000 a month, I chose to stay home with the baby and my other toddler. 2 of the children were in school. I finally filed for child support last year and it has taken over a year to get my husband served. I am in Georgia and he is in Pennsylvania. The PA child support office wants to base what child support my husband will be required to pay based on what I could have been making had I returned to work. My boyfriend kept the children while I worked. He went to work when I took my pregnancy leave. I could have gone back to work but child care costs for the children would have taken almost all of my bring home pay.
I haven't worked now in over two years. Can they use what I could have made to determine what he should pay? Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: